Everyone is guilty of have a ton of old t-shirts hidden in their closets. However, we all have our own reasons for keeping them stashed away. Whether it be that the shirt brings back memories or you have a few lucky shirts there is a reason for keeping it. Do you need to make some room in your closet, but don’t want to part with your beloved t’s? Check out our list of ideas to recycle old t-shirts:
Recycle Old T-Shirts
- Produce Bag – Do you like to frequent farmers markets? Check out this tutorial and make your own produce bag! Delia Creates
- Rag Rug – Your feet will be thanking you for this one! It is a little more work, but the end result is pretty neat. XOELLE
- Infinity Scarf – Fall will be here soon and what better way be prepared then to make your own custom infinity scarves! Check this out: Scarves
- Tote Bag – You can never have too many totes! They are perfect for re-usable grocery bags and so much more! Follow this tutorial on how to make yours! Instructables
- Quilt – This is a great option for anyone going off to college! A quilt of your kids favorite tees will make them feel at home in their dorm room. Stars For Street Lights
- Dog Toys – Don’t spend tons of money on those expensive rope toys at the store! Take a couple of your old t-shirts and make a rope for your furry friend. Bark Post
- Super Hero Capes – Every kid wants to be a super hero at some point! Take one of your old t-shirts and help them create their custom cape. You will be the super hero in their eyes! The Tip Toe Fairy
- Wall Art – How cool is this? Remember contests, races or events that you have participated in by making a collage of the shirts on your wall! Cut Out and Keep
- Throw Pillows – Looking for an inexpensive way to add some flare to your place? Customize your throw pillows with some of your favorite t-shirts! The Happy Housie
- Apron – Do you or someone you know like to cook? These are a creative and inexpensive way to protect your clothes while making your next Gordon Ramsey worthy dish! Ruffles and Stuff
Of course we could go on and on with ideas to recycle old t-shirts, but we are pretty sure you don’t want to sit here all day reading ideas.
What other awesome things have you made with your old t-shirts? Share with us on Facebook!